Address: Campus II, Cantho University, 3/2 Street, Ninh Kieu District, Cantho City
Tel 071.830 261
The School was established in 1995 by merging four colleges (Math-Physics, Chemistry-Biology, History-Geography, and Foreign Languages). The main duties of the School are to train teachers for primary and secondary school education; train researchers for the Mekong Delta; and to conduct research in the social sciences, pedagogy; and apply advanced technology in teaching.
Workshop on Improvement in Education
Leadership: 1 Dean and 3 Deputy Deans
There is 1 Administration Office, 1 Education Counseling Group, and 10 Departments (Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Literary, History, Geography, English, French, Pedagogy and Psychology)
Total staff: 273
- Associate Professors.: 2
- Ph.D. degrees: 15
- Masters: 115
- Bachelors: 122
Number of students: 8,724
- Full time students: 5,410
- In-service Center students: 3,314
Fields of studies
1. Mathematics for Teachers
2. Mathematics-Physics for Teachers
3. Physics for Teachers
4. Physics-Informatics for Teachers
5. Chemistry for Teachers
6. Biology for Teachers
7. Biological-Agricultural Techniques
8. Literature for Teachers
9. Literature for Non-Majors
10. History for Teachers
11. Geography for Teachers
12. English for Teachers
13. English for Non-Majors
14. French for Teachers
15. French for Non-Majors
16. Education for Primary Teachers
1. Master of Literature.
2. Master of English as Second Language.
The School conducts research on teaching methods, student assessment, curriculum improvement and assessment. Priority is given to research which can be applied to new teaching methods at the School of Education and in secondary schools.
- The Consulate General of France in Ho Chi Minh City
- VVOB (Belgium).
- MHO (the Netherlands).
- WUSC, Canada.
- Simon Fraser University, Canada.
- British Council.
- Other universities in the USA (ex. Hawaii University, Michigan State University)
- To increase the School of Education’s teaching capacity through curriculum research and design and improved short- and long-term training courses.
- To set up a Research and Transfer Education Science Center to offer training for primary and secondary teachers in the Mekong Delta. The Center will provide closer links between the School and the surrounding communities.
- To conduct research on new teaching methods, student assessment, curriculum improvement and assessment.
- To increase the research done by staff and faculty members.