SCHOOL OF LAW
Address: Campus II, Can Tho University, 3/2 Street, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
Tel: 071.832 569
The School of Law grew out of the Department of Law of the School of Economics and Business Administration in 2000. Its duties are to offer undergraduate programs in law and to conduct research in the field of law.
It has 3 undergraduate programs and 1 short-term training course.
School of Law
Competition on Knowledge of the Law
Leadership: 1 dean
The school consists of 3 departments and 1 office group:
- Department of Judicial Law
- Department of Administrative Law
- Department of Business Law
Total staff: 39, including:
- Ph.D. degree: 1
- Masters degrees: 10
- Bachelors degrees: 27
Total students: 2.354, including:
- Full-time undergraduate students: 1,295
- Students in satellite centers: 1,059
1. Judicial Law
2. Administrative Law
3. Business Law
Short-term training program
The school has been conducting the following research:
- Identifying methodologies for analyzing and researching written rules.
- Studying the judicial positions of business individuals in the market economy.
- Exploring educational and governmental management at Can Tho University.
- Developing effective techniques for teaching of law disciplines.
- Formulation of rules and regulations at Can Tho University.
- Industrial patents at Can Tho University.
- Perfecting legal development of marriage and family.
- Perfecting the legal basis for industrial patents as one of the methods to motivate export and import activities.
- Perfecting the regulations about land clearing and compensation in urban planning in Viet Nam.
- University of Paris II, Toulouse University, Sorbon University, France
- Groningen University, the Netherlands
- DAAD, Germany.
- Opening training programs, increasing the number of students, and improving the quality of teaching, learning, management. Also, upgrading of the College’s physical facilities in order to become a law training center of the Mekong Delta.
- Increasing research on the science of law and its applications.
- Conducting scientific research projects on different levels which focus on the Mekong Delta region in order to apply legal theory to practice; contributing to the perfection of the doctrines of law in Vietnam; and combining theory with research and application in Vietnam in order to apply the law more effectively.
- Developing international relationships with organizations nationwide and worldwide.