Address: Campus II, Can Tho University, 3/2 Street, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
Tel: 071.830 784
The College of Sciences was founded in 1995 to offer basic sciences, such as math, physics, chemistry, biology and informatics for students of all disciplines at CTU. It also conducts research in the fields of biology, physics and informatics, chemistry, and mathematic.
In addition, the college offers undergraduate and masters degree programs.
College of Sciences
Her Excellency the Ambassador of The Netherlands Visiting the College of Sciences
Leadership: 1 dean and 2 vice-deans
The college consists of 5 departments and 1 office:
- Department of Math
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biology
- Department of Informatics
Total staff: 90, including:
- Ph.D. degrees: 2
- Masters degrees: 38
- Bachelor’s degrees: 30
Total students: 310, including:
- Full-time undergraduate students: 302
- Master’s students: 8
Biology and Environmental Science
The College of Basic Sciences carries out scientific research in the fields of basic and applied sciences in chemistry, biology and informatics, math, physics.
- The University of Amsterdam and the Free University of Amsterdam.
- The College takes advantage of scholarships for short- and long-term training courses.
- The College maintains international relations with individuals, organizations, and institutions worldwide in increase funding resources for the College.
- To train the staff to serve the society effectively, adapt to the market economy, and have a deep love of the country and socialism.
- To provide new training programs to meet the need for skilled personnel in the Mekong Delta.
- To offer short-term training courses to meet social needs.
- To prepare facilities to provide more graduate training programs.
- To build new labs to serve the school’s training needs and to modernize the equipment.
- To onduct scientific research and to apply the results to production.