COLLEGE OF INFORMATION &
Address: Campus 3, Can Tho University, 01 Ly Tu Trong St., Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
Telephone: 071.831 301
The College- formerly the Center for Informatics and Electronics Center, was established in1995, . Its mission is to train engineers in computer science and electronics (telecommunication and automation) and to participate in scientific research in informatics and electronic technology transfer.
At present, the college offers 2 undergraduate programs and 1 college level program. It also provides short-term training courses in information system management, and informatics (certificates level A and B), and collaborates with APTECH in training professional software programmers.
The College of Information Technology
Cooperation Signing Ceremony
The College Structure
Leaders: 1 Dean and 3 Vice Deans
The college has 3 departments, 2 centers and 1 office
- Department of Information System and Applied Math
- Department of Computer Systems and Communication
- Department of Telecom and Automation
- Software Center
- Informatics and Electronics Center
Number of Staff: 98
- Doctors: 2
- Masters: 23
- Bachelors: 65
Number of students: 3,344
- Full time, regular students: 1,875
- In-service students: 1,469
1. Computer Sciences
1. Information Technology
The college has been:
- Researching the design and development of information system.
- Testing distance education system offered by the ASIA IT&C project to bilingual compuer Sciences.
- Participating in the Robot Design Contest for students
- With AUF in France in training bilingual informatics engineers.
- With IFI of the ASIA IT&C project on distance education.
- With many organizations outside the University on collaborative research projects.
- To attempt to increase the percentage of staff at postgraduate levels by 70%; by sending the staff for advanced training to universities and to distance learning environments through collaboration with international universities
- To develop curriculum and course content which provides specialized training
- To assist students in gaining access to the latest knowledge and technology to maximize their qualifications to the international level upon graduation.
- To provide courses written in English and French
- Future research: ADSL, wireless nets, E-commerce, artificial intelligence, speech recognition, GIS, Robot, automatic control.
- To cooperate with Can Tho City to design model standards for network infrastructure and for information systems for different organizations, departments, and enterprises.