Agriculture & Applied Biology
Information & Communication Technology
Aquaculture & Fisheries
Economics & BA
Marx-Lenin & HCM's Ideology
Sci-Tech Information Center
Learning Resource Center
Biotechnology R&D Institute
Mekong Delta FS R&D Institute
History and Development
Undergraduate training program
Domestic and International collaborations
Scientific research and transfer
Thesis of mater's degree
- To conduct fundamental scientific research and to develop applications of agriculture.
- To directly serve the needs of the community by spreading knowledge of science and technology and transferring technology of agriculture.
- To assist in developing the regional economy and local productivity by expanding agriculture, and bringing scientific and technological advances to local producers.
- Domestic collaboration: Agricultural University No. 1, Soils and soil fertility Institute, NIAPP, Sub-NIAPP in HCM City, Mekong Delta Rice Research Institute, Southern Fruit Research Institute, HCM City University for Agriculture and Forestry, HCM City Tropical Biology Institute, The Services of Science and Technology of provinces in the Mekong Delta, etc.
- International Organizations: HEIFER, IRRI, OXFAM, FAO, UNDP, JICA, JIRCAS, DANIDA, SAREC, ACIAR, IUCN, UNEP, WWF, etc.
- Foreign Countries: Netherlands (Wageningen University, ALTERRA), France (ENSAT Toulouse University), Sweden (Uppsala University), Belgium (Gent University and Leuven University), USA (Louisiana State University, UC Davis, …), Australia (Vetiver centre, Sydney University), Denmark (Arthur University), Japan (Kyoto University, Tokyo Agriculture & Technology University, NIHON University, …), Thailand (AIT, Chaingmai University), England (Cambridge University, University of Nottingham, University of Leicester), Cambodia (Royal University), India (Remote sensing center), Philippines (UP), Laos (Forestry and Agriculture University), China (Nanjing Agriculture University), Canada (Laval University), Germany (Inwent, Ludwis Maximilians University Munich), Korea (Seoul National University, Gwangju Institute of Science & Technology), Malaysia (Putra University, University Malaysia Sarawak, MARDI), Finland (University of Helsinki, VAPO), Indonesia (University of Palangka Raya, University of Gadjah Mada, University of Sriwijaya, BPPT), etc.
Owing to the productive and effective results of these scientific researches, many specialised syllabi have been printed out and published fostering agricultural expansion facilitating training processes and agricultural production in the MD.
Training in the field of:
- Crops: technique and varieties
- Plant protection
- Soil management
- Animal production and management
- Farming system
- Environmental protection
- Food storage and processing
- Providing the human resources for MD and other places
- Changing the land use system in the MD
- Increasing the cultivated area and cropping index
- Applying new technology for crops cultivation and animal husbandry
- Increasing the crops yield and animal production
- New technology for pre- and post-harvest
- Improving the food processing
- More flexible in farming systems depending on the market demand
- Improving the income of the farmers and their living standard in the rural areas.
For the future plans, COA will continue to:
- Improve the quality of training: teaching and curriculum development
- Control and improve soil and water degradation in agricultural areas
- Reduce and control environmental pollution
- Increase the quality of agricultural products by (bio-) technology
- Natural resources: by management
- Post harvest and food processing
- Study and apply the bio-technology in the field of food technology, crops varieties, ornamental plants, animal production, and veterinary medicine.
- Manage and use effectively problem soils: degraded soils, acid sulphate and saline soils
- Use and manage the sustainable land resources
Introduce and develop new products for biocontrol methods
College of Agriculture and Applied Biology - Can Tho
University - Campus II -
3/2 street -
Can Tho City - Viet Nam